SORAYA MATOS | travel, lifestyle, culture photographer based in San Francisco, Cali.
More than a traveler of the globe, I am an explorer of ideas, using photography to document the full spectrum of the human experience while making us wonder about our society in an ever-expanding, interconnected world.
Things that inspire me: the warmth of the sun // spontaneous in-between moments // the smell of brewing dark roast coffee // everything Pablo Neruda // abandoned and forgotten places // innovators and shakers // the magical unparalleled force of the ocean // the drive to experience as much as I can to keep moving forward.
CLIENTS / PUBLISHED
Vanity Fair Magazine ∙VICE ∙Condé Nast Traveler∙ Zagat ∙ Stimulus for Nike ∙ BBC ∙ West Jet Magazine ∙ Süddeutsche Zeitung Magazin ∙ Stern Magazine - Deutsch ∙ Cafe Gratitude Restaurant Group ∙ Hamptons Magazine ∙ Migros-Magazin ∙ GIZ∙ Parrish Art Museum ∙ Stitch Fix ∙ Lava Mae ∙ Snapwire ∙ The Solutions Project
- 2018 Lange-Taylor Prize semifinalist
- 2018 Lucie Foundation Photo Taken - Scholarship shortlist
- 2018 Lucie Foundation Emerging Artist - Scholarship shortlist
- 2018 - Magenta Foundation Flash Forward 2018 Winner
- 2017 - VICE Colombia Best Pictures of the Year
- 2017 - APA Something Personal Exhibition: 3rd place
- 2017 - Lucie Foundation Scholarship shortlist
- 2014 - Introspection Show at Beard and Weil Gallery: Best in Show